Dewey Cottage Block Island was published on August 22, 2017 at 5:57 am. It is published under the Cottage category. Dewey Cottage Block Island is labelled with Dewey Cottage Block Island, Dewey, Cottage, Block, Island..
DeweyDew•ey (do̅o̅′ē, dyo̅o̅′ē),USA pronunciation n.
- George, 1837–1917, U.S. admiral: defeated Spanish fleet in Manila Bay during the Spanish-American War.
- John, 1859–1952, U.S. philosopher and educator.Mel•vil (mel′vil),USA pronunciation (Melville Louis Kossuth Dewey), 1851–1931, U.S. educator, administrator, and innovator in the field of library science.
- Thomas E(dmund), 1902–71, U.S. lawyer and political leader.
- a male given name, form of David.
Cottagecot•tage (kot′ij),USA pronunciation n.
- a small house, usually of only one story.
- a small, modest house at a lake, mountain resort, etc., owned or rented as a vacation home.
- one of a group of small, separate houses, as for patients at a hospital, guests at a hotel, or students at a boarding school.
Blockblock (blok),USA pronunciation n.
- a solid mass of wood, stone, etc., usually with one or more flat or approximately flat faces.
- a hollow masonry building unit of cement, terra cotta, etc.: a wall made of concrete blocks.
- one of a set of cube-shaped pieces of wood, plastic, or the like, used as a child's toy in building.
- a mold or piece on which something is shaped or kept in shape: a hat block.
- a piece of wood used in the art of making woodcuts or wood engravings.
- the base on which a plate is mounted to make it type-high.
- a projection left on a squared stone to provide a means of lifting it.
- a short length of plank serving as a bridging, as between joists.
- a stump or wooden structure on which a condemned person is beheaded: Mary Stuart went bravely to the block.
- See auction block.
- [Mach.]a part enclosing one or more freely rotating, grooved pulleys, about which ropes or chains pass to form a hoisting or hauling tackle.
- an obstacle, obstruction, or hindrance: His stubbornness is a block to all my efforts.
- the state or condition of being obstructed;
blockage: The traffic block lasted several hours.
- an obstruction, as of a nerve.
- See heart block.
- a hindering of an opponent's actions.
- a quantity, portion, or section taken as a unit or dealt with at one time: a large block of theater tickets.
- a small section of a city, town, etc., enclosed by neighboring and intersecting streets: She lives on my block.
- the length of one side of such a section: We walked two blocks over.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a large building divided into separate apartments, offices, shops, etc.
- a large number of bonds or shares of stock sold together as a single unit.
- a group of data stored as a unit on an external storage medium and handled as a unit by the computer for input or output: This file has 20 records per block.
- a section of storage locations in a computer allocated to a particular set of instructions or data.
- a group of consecutive machine words organized as a unit and guiding a particular computer operation, esp. with reference to input and output.
- (on a flow chart) a symbol representing an operation, device, or instruction in a computer program.
- any of the short lengths into which a track is divided for signaling purposes.
- [Philately.]a group of four or more unseparated stamps, not in a strip.
- a person's head.
- [Glassmaking.]a wooden or metal cup for blocking a gather.
- an obstruction or stoppage in mental processes or speech, esp. when related to stress, emotional conflict, etc.
- See writer's block.
- any large, angular mass of solid rock.
- See fault block.
- (in Canada) a wild or remote area of land that has not yet been surveyed: the Peace River block.
- See cylinder block.
- [Falconry.]a low perch to which a falcon is tethered outdoors.
- put or go on the block, to offer or be offered for sale at auction: to put family heirlooms on the block.
- to obstruct (someone or something) by placing obstacles in the way (sometimes fol. by up): to block one's exit; to block up a passage.
- to fit with blocks;
mount on a block.
- to shape or prepare on or with a block: to block a hat; to block a sweater.
- to join (the ends of boards or the like) by fastening to a block of wood.
- Also, block out. to plan or work out the movement of performers in a play, pageant, etc.: Tomorrow we'll block act one.
- to draw a floor plan on (a stage) in order to indicate placement of scenery, stage property, etc.
- to stop the passage of impulses in (a nerve).
- to group (contiguous data) together so as to allow to be read or written in a single operation.
- to hinder or bar the actions or movements of (an opposing player), esp. legitimately.
- to shape (a molten gather) in a wet cup of wood or metal.
- to plunge a block of wood into (molten glass) to aid in refining the glass.
- to give (a forging) a rough form before finishing.
- to apply a high negative bias to the grid of (a vacuum tube), for reducing the plate current to zero.
- to act so as to obstruct an opponent, as in football, hockey, and basketball: He doesn't get many baskets, but he sure can block.
- [Theat.]to block a play, act, scene, stage, etc.: The director will block tomorrow.
- to suffer a block.
- block out:
- block (def. 36a).
- [Basketball.]to box out.
- block in or out, to sketch or outline roughly or generally, without details: She blocked out a color scheme for the interiors.
Islandis•land (ī′lənd),USA pronunciation n.
- a tract of land completely surrounded by water, and not large enough to be called a continent.
- something resembling an island, esp. in being isolated or having little or no direct communication with others.
- a raised platform with a counter or other work surface on top situated in the middle area of a room, esp. a kitchen, so as to permit access from all sides.
- See safety island.
- a low concrete platform for gasoline pumps at an automotive service station.
- a clump of woodland in a prairie.
- an isolated hill.
- an isolated portion of tissue differing in structure from the surrounding tissue.
- a platform or building between sets of tracks.
is′land•ish, is′land•like′, adj.
- to make into an island.
- to dot with islands.
- to place on an island;
This image of Dewey Cottage Block Island have 9 photos including Gallery Image Of This Property, Dewey Cottage Block Island #2 P9291161, Dewey Cottage Block Island #3 Lodging In Bold Are On This Block Island Map., P9291170, Dewey Cottage Block Island #5 The 1661 Inn - UPDATED 2017 Prices & Reviews, Superior Dewey Cottage Block Island #6 P9291178, Dewey Cottage, New Shoreham Inns From $143 - KAYAK, Block Island 2013 162, Lonely Planet. Below are the images:
Your house generally has its personality. Similarly using the bungalow are observed in the UK. Don't wish to adjust the building's composition is a lot of, Dewey Cottage Block Island types compete with classic pad.
Never questioned lovely, an outcome! To be able to maintain the character of the building, the artist Alex Saint of Home Structure introducing a home style apart from the major building. The end result? Beautiful! Yes, Chelshire was situated in by a pad, the UK may be the building under consideration.
If you just like the atmosphere of the warm kitchen as well as tranquil having a moderate antique feel, then this Dewey Cottage Block Island with probably a terrific selection for you. To have this fashion you make use of a wooden floor and may make kitchen cabinets that are inexpensive an election that have pattern includes a design. Using pale colors brown with touches of wood and bright shades can make meal inside the kitchen with your family will feel warmer.
The kitchen design a cube of in the type. Glass' use here's supposed to have the ability to manage the temperature. While summer comes, glass sliding doors may be opened to offer fresh-air into the area. For there to become a frequent thread between the Dewey Cottage Block Island with fresh kitchen, floors utilising the same content using an outside terrace.
The bungalow was built-in the 18th century and is now after dark stage of restoration. In place of looking to imitate the type of the bungalow, Alex Saint decided to assemble an additional home design that preserve the type of this home and will decrease the entire lodge's architectural change.
Need to bring the environment is cozy and inviting, the furniture comes with a smooth white shade as his concluding. Much storage and modern equipment can be gorgeous home design matches this one. Likewise with up-lighting to illuminate the area at night.